In January I made a few home goals for the year. One of my goals involved art. I longed to make more art, encourage my kids’ art, and live with more art in our home.
- Gathered thrift store frames and hoarded them in our garage
- Painted over their oak and turquoise and fakey gold gilded finishes
- Attached soda flip-top thingy to the back of the two unframed canvases with hot glue
- Stapled cork to the backs of some of the frames. It helps to add some thick cardboard or mat board behind the cork for added thickness. You can buy rolls of cork at home improvement stores.
- Arranged the frames and nailed them to the wall.
- Added the art with upholstery tacks and voila! My foyer is an art museum.
Linked up with Richella’s “Grace at Home” series at Imparting Grace: