But at each and every new place, I squared off with a disheartening reality: Life is falling painfully short of what it’s “supposed” to look like. I am falling painfully short. My marriage is falling painfully short. My parenting is falling painfully short. My children are falling painfully short. I. can’t. get. this. right.
- What about sub-standard content and methodologies?
- What if my kids don’t develop critical thinking skills?
- What if they imitate all the stuff this crazy world will throw at them in public school?
- What if they get hurt or bullied?
- What if they don’t develop a love for learning because the inefficiency and busywork of school sucks the joy right out of it?
- What if, what if, what if?
What about you? What ideals of your have a way of turning into idols?
Don’t want to miss a post in the series? You can subscribe and have each bite-sized post delivered right to your inbox. As always, you may unsubscribe any time you like. I promise not to sell your address to pirates, aliens, spammers, or The Gap.